Monday, May 14, 2018

May 14th, 2016

May 14th, 2016


We arrived in Glasgow at around 9 am local time.  We picked up some snacks in the Tesco Express in the airport, and then took a cab to the City Centre (where our hotel was).  We were both exhausted - we barely sleeping on our overnight flight.

Our first hotel was the Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow, which is connected to the train station.


Not my picture.


We were too early to check in, but they held our bags for us, and we went back out to kill some time until we could check in.  Like I said, we were exhausted, so we didn't have enough energy to do some of the sightseeing options that I had picked out for us to do.  We decided to do a bus tour of Glasgow on one of those 'Hop on, Hop off' buses.  I love these types of bus tours, because it's an easy way to get around a city (assuming that you want to see/visit some of the more famous landmarks).  And they're usually not too expensive.  


Kelvingrove Museum


University of Glasgow tower

University of Glasgow

George Square, Glasgow




Finally, after a few hours of trying not to fall asleep on the bus, it was finally time for us to go back to the hotel and check in.

Our hotel room




View of the train station from our bathroom window

I had been happy to find out that there was a Taco Mazama in the train station.  Meaning that I was only a minute or two walk away from Tacos!  That was one of the first things we did once we got into our hotel room.

Just as good as I remember!  I can't wait until the next time I can have Taco Mazama!


We then fell asleep (at like 4pm).  After a few hours, I woke up and went back to get more tacos (why not?), and stopped at a Marks & Spencer that was also in the train station, and got some snacks and desserts.


We then went back to bed!  And slept until the next morning!  Not a very exciting start to our trip but at least we got Taco Mazama :)




No comments:

Post a Comment