Saturday, December 10, 2011

From Cairncross House to Glasgow University

Today, on my way to my final exam, I decided to finally videotape my walk there.  This video will be from the entrance of Cairncross House to the main gates of the University (where I had my exam). 
Warning, the original video was extremely bumpy - its apparently hard to walk at a normal pace and keep a camera steady, who knew? - and then in order to not bore anyone to death, I had to speed the video up to 4x speed.  So get ready, its definitely a bumpy ride.  Possibly vomit inducing.  But on the plus side, I added some cheerful music to make it a little better.  I hope you like it!


So there you have it!  And for anyone who has no idea what just happened or how I actually got to school, I'm including a little Google Earth image of my path.  For all future Cairncross residents, this is the best way to get to school.  Don't be fooled by any of the maps that show what looks to be a little cut through, it is NOT a short cut.  Or fun.




Also, as there are various reports of how long the walk actually takes... my walk, according to my video "proof", took 12 and a half minutes.  But, I do tend to walk fast.  I've heard everything from 15-20 minutes (as advertised by Residential Services on the Cairncross website thing), to 5 minutes (from the girl in the Welcome Committee who picked us up at the airport).

7 comments:

  1. LOLOL, I could watch the video over and over but I'm afraid it might throw me into an epileptic seizure LOL. Just kidding!!! I really did enjoy the watch and the music is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! Ashley THAT was HYSTERICAL!! I loved it BUT must admit I couldn't watch it twice....was THAT a porta-potty you passed AND did I see some kinda guard with a huge fancy hat on AND did you start running at one point? On second thought I might just watch it again....later!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aunt Mare. I'm pretty sure the porta potty you saw was a recycling bin on the street (although to be fair, my walk to school does lead me past the Occupy Glasgow set up, and they DO have porta potties... just not sure I caught that on camera). Still have yet to see a guard with a huge fancy hat, even after watching this a couple of times looking for one. And definitely no running, lol. I may try this again, and maybe I'll get a less bumpy video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was a porta potty TOO(and found it VERY odd that one would just be sitting there on the sidewalk) and I saw the dude with the big fancy hat right outside the school, looked like one of the guard guys at Buckingham Palace and he was helping the Queen out of the car!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I must have walked right past the Queen and didn't even realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. b/c you were going so fast and bumping along =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched this again to see the "Queen's guard" and your Mom is right....it looked like he was opening the car door for "someone" soooo perhaps you did RUN past the Queen herself~!! what a pity!!!!!

    ReplyDelete