Friday, November 18, 2011

Direct from Derry!

Hi everyone!  I'm currently in Derry, Northern Ireland!  Thought I'd just pop in and do a little blog post.  We took another Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Derry this morning (only 25 minute flight - thank God!), and it was super cheap!  Got to Derry around 10 or something - I can't even remember.  Right now its just before 3 and we just got into our hotel.  Just for reference, the Travelodge in Derry is actually not that bad (and once again, super cheap).  But since arriving in Derry, we took a cab from the airport, and had local landmarks pointed out to us by the friendly cabbie.  We've wandered around inside some shopping malls and little side street boutiques.  But glad to be in our hotel room cause we had to carry around all of our stuff :-\  Not fun. 

Our trip in Derry is intended to be a little more relaxed - partially because its right after London.  Today, we're taking a little time to do some homework in the hotel, and then going to see a movie.

Tomorrow, our plan is to go see the Giant's Causeway and a couple of other things that are up near it.  There'll be plenty of pictures of that, I'm sure... 

Sunday we don't have too much of a plan other than just walking around the town.  Hopefully the weather is better - its pouring rain right now :-\

Then we take a flight back to Glasgow on Monday morning.



On a side note, unrelated to our trip to Derry... I'm starting to feel a little... antsy to go home.  Thats the best word I can think of to describe what I'm feeling.  I think its because Christmas music is playing in stores and its Christmas-y everywhere.  I'm hoping that this is a temporary feeling because otherwise the next month (and two days) will be quite long.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still definitely glad that I'm here and enjoying my time, I'm just really looking forward to being home. 

I'll try to post pictures at some point over the weekend, but no guarantees... Anyway, until next time :)

P.S - You may have noticed that theres a new poll.  Just curious to know how I'm doing with my blog so if you could just leave your opinion, it would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. And I'm ready for you to come home!! But I just a quick question...you went to Ireland to hang out in the hotel doing homework (altho that does make me more than happy to hear)and catch a movie? Just saying. Keep up the good job kiddo, I quite enjoy your blogs (and counting the days till we meet you in...Philly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't come to Ireland to hang out in the hotel, do homework and go to a movie, but it had to happen today (the homework part) in order for us to actually be able to be here. We get home Monday morning and stuffs gotta be done :-\ Besides, we have all day today (Saturday) and Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus it was pouring rain, and we saw the movie at 9pm

    ReplyDelete