Monday, October 3, 2011

Thank You, Dalmuir!

So, I am now the proud owner of... my camera!  Yup, I have it back, safe and sound.  Apparently, I left it on the train.  I am still confused as to how this happened but hey, whatever.  Someone turned it in at one of the stations on the route I was travelling.  When I called the trainline's lost and found number, they said that a digital camera had been turned in at Dalmuir, but that I would have to go there and see if it was mine.  Crazy!  So I forced one of my friends to go with me and we took the train up to Dalmuir (about a 25 minute ride), and thankfully, it was mine!  So exciting!  What was even more exciting was that the lady at the train station was probably a little more excited than me that I was being reunited with my camera.  When I came up and said I was looking for a missing camera she got this excited little smile and when she asked me what color mine was she got even more excited.  Then when she came back with it (hidden of course), and asked me if there was anything on it, and she looked tickled pink when I said 'an elephant'.  She said she was really happy to be able to give me back my camera.  I just thought that was so nice.  And it made me feel even happier to have my camera back!  Still don't know how I lost it, but still... very happy to have my camera back!  So thank you, Dalmuir!  And whoever was nice enough to find my camera and turn it in.  I salute you!

And now, without furthur ado, pictures from Loch Lomond, and the town of Balloch.

Balloch


Is that a mallard?

Path along the river towards the loch.






Theres the loch!






And finally, as a treat... a special picture of mine titled 'The Thoughful Man'...

7 comments:

  1. you know...I was half way through the pictures eagerly looking for the elephant (and wondering WHERE the hell you would have seen one in Scotland-yes, I know a zoo but still!)and wondering MORE just how far into your pictures this lady LOOKED!) when I realized anyway that you were talking about the elephant CHARM dangling from your camera!!! So now to comment on your post...no, I believe that a duck, stunning stunning pictures (I'm glad you got your camera back), the loch spillith over, and finally about the thoughtful man? BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (GASP) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (OMG!! isn't it illegal in Scotland to take a picture of someone without their consent?) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I was thinking the same thing about thinking man..... At least that proves we read her blog! I can just see you lurking near a tree to take his picture and NOT get caught! Lol AND do the ducks quack with an accent?! Lolololololol Q-auk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its only illegal if you get caught.


    Besides, he may not be Scottish and so he may not even know it was illegal.

    And I wasn't lurking, I was sitting at a picnic table :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taught you well and you make me very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those trees do not look real. I do love the path pictures and I think I saw the Loch Ness. I have to ask though, when do you go to school? If I knew a semester was like this I'd be over there, okay, I don't fly, but I would be thinking about being over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I go to school (it works out to be 3 days a week), but its mostly just boring lectures right now. Nothing at all interesting to blog about. :)

    ReplyDelete