Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ta-da!

Finally, I made my way into the courtyard at school AND I had my camera at the same time, so, voila!






And thats before I even went inside or got to the courtyard!


Close up of the detail next to the door, and then a close up of the door itself.



Cloisters



Look! Theres the courtyard!



And finally!



Probably one of my favorites because it looks like a fairy tale castle, with the little tower coming out of nowhere.


And when I was taking this picture, it didn't look like I was taking a picture of that girl, like it does in the actual picture.  Anyway, its awkward, but unintended.  The pic is supposed to be of the building/courtyard :P



I love the detail on this building.  I wish there was a way to get right up there near those windows and get close up shots.



Okay so there you have it!!  And the best/worst part is, that these pictures do NOT do it justice at all.  It is sooo beautiful.  I may try to do a video "tour" of the courtyard just to try and show you how awesome it is.


And now, I took some pictures of the lecture centre from one of my classes today, to show what it looks like.  Sadly, they came out blurry (didn't look blurry when I took them), but as I'm not convinced I will get another chance to take pictures, I'm posting them anyway.

This was the lecture centre for my History of Art class... in the Graham Kerr building




Looks like a fairly normal lecture centre, I guess.  You'd have to be in it to truly appreciate the uncomfortableness of it.

Also:



 

Anywho!  Thats all I've got for now.  But now that my camera is capable of turning on again, I will actually be able to take pictures now. 

Edinburgh trip with the International Society on Saturday! Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment